Highfields Amateur Radio Club
Thanks to Caroline, MW3MCJ, for passing this on.
| PREP & COOK TIME || 20 - 30 Min
| READY IN || 1 hour or so
| SERVES || 4
- 1 lb cooking apples
(peeled and cored)
- 2 oz sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 medium egg whites
- Grated rind and juice of ½ a lemon
- Slice the apples into a pan, sprinkle with the sugar and add the water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and gently simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- When the apple mixture is soft put it in a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth (or you could pass it through a sieve, the old fashioned way) and leave to cool.
- When the apple has cooled (if it is too warm it will curdle the egg) whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold in the apple, lemon rind and juice.
- Spoon into desert glasses and serve.
For a creamier snow softly whip a 284 ml pot of double cream and fold that in at stage 4 as well.