Highfields Amateur Radio Club
Cheese & Potato Pie.
Andrew, 2W0MGB, gave me this little gem. It's easy to make and keeps well in the freezer if you only want 1 or 2 portions at a time.
| PREP & COOK TIME || 35 - 45 min
| READY IN || 35 - 45 min
| SERVES || 2 - 4
- 4 - 5 small potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 - 8 oz cheese, the stronger the flavour the less you'll need
- Pre heat the oven to 300 F / 150 C / Gas mark 2.
- Mix together the mashed potato, grated carrot, onion and some of the cheese (leave enough cheese to sprinkle on the top).
- Place the mixture into an oven proof dish and level off the top with the back of a fork. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven for 30 - 40 mins, until the cheese on the top has turned golden brown.
Serve immediately, either on its own or with sliced ham and baked beans or whatever you fancy.