Highfields Amateur Radio Club
Oatmeal Cherry Toffee Cookies.
| PREP TIME || 5 Min
| COOK TIME || 10 Min
| READY IN || 15 Min
- 190g plain flour
- 5g baking soda
(or 195g self raising flour)
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 120g rolled oats
- 160g dried cherries
- 200g miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 255g toffee baking bits
- 110g brown sugar
- 150g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 5ml vanilla extract
- Sift together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the sifted flour mixture, then mix in the oats, cherries, chocolate chips and toffee bits until evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough in to 3 portions and form them into logs, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Grease baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Retrieve the dough logs and slice into ¾ inch thick slices.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- For soft cookies: Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
For crunchy cookies: Remove them from the baking sheet and place on a wire rack as soon as you remove from the oven.