Highfields Amateur Radio Club
| PREP TIME || 15 Min
| COOK TIME || 1hr05 Min
| READY IN || 1hr20 Min
| SERVES || 12
- 250g plain flour
- 5g baking soda
- 525g mashed overripe (for better flavour) bananas
- 2g salt
- 115g butter
- 110g brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in the eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; enough just to moisten, do not make it too wet.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick, skewer or flat bladed knife inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.