Highfields Amateur Radio Club
RF Connectors Maximum Frequency Use Chart.
By Brian, MW0GKX.
The chart below shows the maximum frequency that RF coaxial connectors are designed to work to. Other limitations such as coaxial cable etc. have not been allowed for, just the connector type. A list is below for accuracy and those that can't see the image.
Maximum Design Frequency list for RF connector types:
- SMA: Excellent electrical performance up to 18 GHz.
- N type: Handles up to 11 GHz.
- TNC: Handles up to 11 GHz.
- SMC: Handles up to 10 GHz.
- MCX: Handles up to 6 GHz.
- BNC: Handles up to 4 GHz (50Ω type) or 2 GHz (75Ω type).
- SMB: Handles up to 4 GHz.
- Mini UHF: Handles up to 2.5 GHz.
- UHF (PL259): Handles up to 500 MHz (but they don't work well above 300 MHz).