Highfields Amateur Radio Club
Cloning instructions For:
By Brian, MW0GKX.
Clone mode needs to be enabled for this to work, see the PC software for details.
- TK-7150 can be MASTER to TK-7150.
- TK-8150 can be MASTER to TK-8150.
- Turn the MASTER TK-7150 power ON with the [PF6] key (the right most key under the selector knob) held down. The radio displays "CLONE". If Firmware programming mode is inhibited by the FPU the transceiver enters User mode instead and you will need to allow the programming mode via the software and PC (KPG-79D software, Optional Features >> Common-Page 2 >> Clone).
- Power on the SLAVE transceiver.
- Connect the cloning cable (No. E30-3382-05) to the modular microphone jacks on the MASTER and SLAVE (right).
- Press the [PF6] key on the MASTER while the MASTER displays "CLONE". The data of the MASTER is sent to the
SLAVE. While the SLAVE is receiving the data, "PROGRAM" is displayed. When cloning of data is completed, the MASTER displays "END" and the SLAVE automatically reverts to User mode.
The SLAVE now cotains the same programmed data as the MASTER.
- Other SLAVE(s) can be cloned while the MASTER is in CLONE mode, disconnect the newly programmed set, while the MASTER displays "END" press the [PF6] key and the display will change to "CLONE". Carry out the operations in steps 2 to 4.
- To end cloning, first you must remove the cloning cable then switch both MASTER and SLAVE radios off.