Highfields Amateur Radio Club
Cloning instructions For:
By Brian, MW0GKX.
These radios use a lead that is 2 stereo 2.5 mm jack plugs wired tip to tip, ring to ring and sleeve to sleeve, which is shown on the Make an Alinco Cloning Cable page.
- With both radios off, connect the cloning cable to the headphone/speaker jack of the MASTER and SLAVE transceivers (right).
- Holding the [VOL / SQL] key of the MASTER radio, turn it on.
"CLonE" appears on the display.
- Turn on the SLAVE normally.
- Press the  on the MASTER and the data is sent to the SLAVE.
"Sd . . ." is displayed on the MASTER.
"Ld . . ." is displayed on the SLAVE.
When cloning is finished "PASS" is displayed on both radios.
If "Error" or "CoMErr" shows on the display there was a problem with the transfer, try again, ensuring that the cable is seated correctly and that no buttons are pressed while the transfer takes place.
- Once cloning is complete another SLAVE can be cloned by switching off and disconnecting the cloned SLAVE, connecting another SLAVE and repeat from step 3.
- Once cloning has completed sucessfully, turn power for both radios off and remove the connecting cable. When powered on again the radios will return to normal operation.