Highfields Amateur Radio Club
Cloning instructions For:
DJ-C6, DJ-C7, DJ-X7.
By Brian, MW0GKX.
These radios use a lead that is 2 stereo 2.5 mm jack plugs wired tip to tip, ring to ring and sleeve to sleeve, which is shown on the Make an Alinco Cloning Cable page.
- With both radios off, connect the cloning cable to the speaker jack of the MASTER and SLAVE transceivers (right).
- Turn the SLAVE radio on while holding the [MONI] key.
"CLonE" appears on the display and the radio enters the clone mode.
- Repeat with the MASTER radio.
- Press the Dial on the MASTER and the data is sent to the SLAVE.
("Sd 00" C6/C7) ("ul 204" X7) is displayed on the MASTER.
When cloning is finished "FiniSH" is displayed on the MASTER.
If "FAiL" shows on the display the cable has become disconnected or other buttons have been pressed. Re-fit cable and try again, ensuring that no buttons are pressed while the transfer takes place.
- Once cloning has completed sucessfully, turn power for both radios off and remove the connecting cable. When powered on again the radios will return to normal operation.