Highfields Amateur Radio Club
Cloning instructions For:
DJ-190, DJ-191, DJ-491.
By Brian, MW0GKX.
These radios use a lead that is the same as the Icom OPC-474
NOTE: The DJ-491C is excluded from cloning, according to the user manual.
- With both radios off, connect the cloning cable to the speaker jack of the MASTER and SLAVE transceivers (right).
- Turn both radios on.
- While holding the [MONI] key press and release the [PTT] 3 times. Do this to each radio.
"CLonE" appears and the transceivers enter the clone mode.
- Push the [MONI] key on the SLAVE transceiver to set it in clone receive mode.
"rEAdY" appears on the transceiver display.
- Press the [PTT] on the MASTER, "PUSh" appears on the display. Press the [PTT] again to send the data to the SLAVE.
"SEnd" is displayed on the MASTER.
"GEt" is displayed by the SLAVE.
When cloning is finished "End" appears in the SLAVE transceiver display for 2 seconds and "PUSh" appears on the MASTER display.
- When cloning is finished turn power for both radios off and remove the connecting cable. When powered on again the radios will return to normal operation.